Software developer job
It represents at the same time a hardware abstraction for the implementation of new ways of mobile digital world with the highest level of privacy protection.
Be part of an international team of developers working on the further development of Volla OS and Ubuntu Touch operating systems for the mobile hardware of the young Volla brand. You will have the opportunity to use and even help shape new technologies.
Ideally you will bring:
- Experience in hardware adaptation of mobile Linux operating systems, ideally from the Android Open Source Project (AOSP) and Ubuntu Touch to Mediatek chipsets,
- Experience with virtualization, ideally container virtualization of mobile operating systems.
- Experience with device drivers and fast points for input and output of audio signals on mobile devices.
- Ideally experience with device drivers for modem, Ofono, IMS
- Advanced knowledge of GitLab, Github and ideally Continuous Integration and Deployment.
- Language skills in English for team communication, programming and documentation and ideally in German for communication in the consortium.
- Definition of interfaces of a hardware abstraction for container virtualization.
- Implementation of the interfaces on Volla hardware
- Implementation of interfaces for Volla OS and Ubuntu Touch
- Quality assurance of development results from other consortium partners
- Support of hardware adaptation of Ubuntu Touch on Volla hardware
You have the choice to work at our location, at your home office or sometimes in your favorite café. Twice a year there is a meeting of the consortium partners for result presentations and voting.
We are a young company that manufactures the Volla Phone in Germany. The smartphone for simplicity and security has already gone to thousands of users in over 55 countries around the world. We started with and for our users with a crowd funding campaign to be and stay independent.
Interested? Or do you know someone? We look forward to receiving your application at firstname.lastname@example.org.