Volla Community Days 2022
It's time for a change that we determine ourselves: For a freedom of time and attention that a digital world increasingly demands, for a freedom from paternalism and surveillance that have been driven not only by Big Tech. We would like to contribute to this freedom together with you, our users and partners.
The program of the Volla Community will be defined in the next days and weeks. We are waiting for the commitment of some Volla friends and partners who want to contribute in terms of content. But most of all we are looking forward to your ideas and questions we want to discuss. Do you have a suggestion for a topic? Just drop us a line. Suggestions are also welcome for the challenge of our hackathon.
On Saturday, we will probably have some program offerings in parallel or multilingual in German and English. Comments and questions in German or English are always welcome. Online requests are also possible in other languages thanks to DeepL. We will then also respond genre with a translation gin your language.
Saturday, June 18
10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- KEYNOTE. With Volla into the future. Development and outlook. Dr Jörg Wurzer, founder and managing director of Hallo Welt Systeme UG
- SOCIAL. Hello Volla. A greeting from the stores of our dealers.
- HACKATHON. The Hackathon Challenge. Tasks and prizes for our Volla community developers, N. N. Hallo Welt Systeme UG
- SOCIAL. Hello Volla. A greeting from the Volla team.
- INTERVIEW. Smartphones Made in Germany, Jörg Wissing, Senior Product & Business Development Manager Gigaset Communications GmbH.
- IMPULSES: The big update. News from Ubuntu Touch. Florian Leeber, Senior Community Member of the Ubports Foundation.
1 - 2 p.m.
- SOCIAL. Lunch break with talks, food and drinks.
2 - 5 p.m.
- INTERVIEW. Protected and free with a VPN. Latest developments at Hide.me. Robert Šmorhaj, Partner Manager eVenture Ltd.
- DEMO. Volla Phone setup and tips for everyday use, N. N. Hello World Systems UG
- IMPULSE. Privacy basics with the Volla Phone, N. N. Hello World Systems UG.
- DISCUSSION. Experiences, ideas and questions about Volla Phones, Volla OS and more, moderated by N. N., Hallo Welt Systeme UG.
- IMPULSE and DEMO: 6Tree., The secure, trusted network for organizations. Andreas Foglar, Managing Director InnoRoute (confirmation pending).
- PRESENTATION. Volla in practice. A smartphone for doctors, nurses and patients. Dr. Luis Falcon, President, GNU Solidario Advancing Social Medicine.
- PRESENTATION and DEMO. Outlook for Volla. A smartphone for the blind and visually impaired. Manuel Diaz Ferreiro, founder and director of Procer Technologias.
We have asked further partners and customers for reports from the field. We look forward to hearing from them.
Sunday June 19
10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- DEMO. Sailfish OS Community Edition on the Volla Phone 22, N. N.
- TUTORIAL. Porting an operating system to the Volla Phone and making it available for multi-boot, Luka Panio, Volla Software Developer.
- DEMO. Linux alternatives for Volla Phones. Presumably we can look forward to openSUSE and Manjaro. We have asked for other community projects.
1 - 2 p.m.
- SOCIAL. Lunch break with talks, food and drinks
2 - 3:30 p.m.
- HACKATHON. Presentation of the results of the hackathon followed by an award ceremony.
- CLOSING round with outlook on further development, moderated by Dr. Jörg Wurzer, founder and managing director of Hallo Welt Systeme UG
Participation and travel
Here is the BROADCAST LINK
Parallel to the live broadcast we will take questions from our Telegram chat.
As there is only space for a limited number of participants in our rooms, we ask for a registration via our contact form. This way we can optimally prepare the room layout and catering. Please let us know if you understand German or if you prefer English.
Arrival by car
- Kölner Straße 102, 42897 Remscheid, Germany
- A free parking lot is the P+R station Lennep in Robert Schumacher Straße, about 6 minutes walk to our location.
Arrival by train
- The nearest train station for long-distance traffic is Wuppertal Hbf with ICE connection. From there you can take a cab (about 30 Euro).
- The nearest regional train station is Remscheid-Lennep. There is a regular train between the long-distance train stations Solingen Hbf and Wuppertal Hbf.
Arrival by plane
- The nearest airports are Düsseldorf and Cologne-Bonn. The latter often offers cheaper regional flights than the international Düsseldorf airport.
- From the airport you can also get to us by cab. The cost is about 100 euros.
There are several hotels in Remscheid Lennep
If you are traveling with friends or family Remscheid and the Bergisches Land offers you at the same time a destination for a short vacation.
We are looking forward to your visit or online participation.
Your Volla Team