Volla Community Days 2023
This year we are especially looking forward to new partners and business customers using Volla Phones with the operating systems Volla OS and Ubuntu Touch as a platform for innovative solutions in business, healthcare or exciting own products.
We look forward to your ideas and questions, because Volla has been developing products for and with its users since the beginning. Whether you are a user or a developer: Discuss with us, write to us if you want to present your open source project or business idea with the Volla Phone or Volla OS.
HackathonFor developers we will start a hackathon on Saturday after the keynote with new challenges as tasks. Your idea and project is also welcome. Prerequisite is that the result is available as open source. On Sunday afternoon we will open the stage for the results. For the best ones we will award prizes again. The selection will be made by the community.
Opportunity for companiesIf you register as a vendor, company or organization, this year we offer to publish your participation so that you can arrange one-on-one meetings with our Volla team or other companies and organizations. Together, let's write more success stories that have given creativity and unconventional solutions a chance.
Meet a Volla expertGet to know the Volla team and community. Parallel to the presentations, there will be the opportunity to get advice, be it for setting up your VOlla Phone, questions about how to use it in everyday life or exchange ideas and experiences. How about a second operating system on a memory card that we set up with you on site? And if you don't have a Volla Phone yet, you can get one right on the spot or find accessories.
Preliminary programThe program will be revised and updated in the next weeks.
Saturday, May 20, 2023From 09:00
- Welcome reception and opening
- 10:00 - 10:40: Keynote - Hello World Systems, Dr. Jörg Wurzer, Managing Director: Volla. Factor 2. status and outlook
- 10:40 - 10:50: Hackathon - Presentation of challenges, prices and start
- 10:50 - 11:00: Questions and answers
- 11:00 - 11:20: Interview - Gigaset Communications (DE), Jörg Wissing, Senior Product & Business Development Manager: Manufacturing and Quality from Germany.
- 11:20 - 11:50: Presentation - UBports Foundation (DE), Alfred Neumeier, Volunteer Member of the Core Developer Team: Focal. A milestone. A roadmap.
- 11:50 - 12:00: Questions and answers.
- 12:00 - 12:10: Hello Volla - Live greeting from our resellers
- 12:10 - 12:40: Presentation - Linux Nordic (DK), Robin Haug, Managing Director - Alternatives to Big Tech for Scandinavia and beyond.
- Lunch break - lunch, network, discuss, discover
Volla in everyday life
- 14:00 - 14:30: Interview - RLMsolutions (US). Robb McColley, Managing Director - Go West. Volla for USA.
- 14:30 - 15:00: Practical Tips - Dr. Jörg Wurzer, Hallo Welt Systeme (DE): New functions. More comfort.
- 15:00 - 15:30: Impulse - StartMail, Alex van Eesteren - Secure e-mail communication and anonymous search on the Internet.
- 15:30 - 17:00: Networking - Parallel start of one-to-one conversations of merchants, companies and organizations.
- 15:30 - 16:00: Demo and presentation - Net.print Datensysteme, Stefan Baust, Head of Development. Mobile POS solution with Ubuntu Touch
- 16:00 - 16:30: Demo and interview - SAFETY.brands Germany, Felix Hänel, Member of the Management Board: 30 minutes that save lives. The Smartphone for the fire department.
- 16:30 - 17:00: Demo and presentation - GNUSolidaro (ES), Luis Falcon, Managing Director: Self-determined health. The app for patient data and emergency information.
- Hello World Systems, Dr. Jörg Wurzer - Summary and conclusion of the first day
Sunday, May 21, 2023Privacy, partners and perspectives
- 10:00 - 10:20: Interview - Hide.me (MY), Robert Šmorhaj, Partner Manager: No chance for surveillance and censorship.
- 10:20 - 10:35: Practical Tips - How to protect your data and communications on a Volla Phone.
- 10:35 - 10:40: Impulse - Trifact (CH): Convenience for patients. Volla Phone in the clinic
- 10:40 - 11:10: Presentation - umlaut SE (DE), Peter Seidenberg, Technical Managing Director: peedSMART OS. Fail-safe communication for rescue operations.
- 11:10 . 11:40: Demo - Cogia, Pascal Lauria, CEO - Cogia Phone for secure communication and file sharing with protection from prying eyes.
- 11:40 . 12:20: Impulse and Discussion - Hello World Systems, Dr. Jörg Wurzer, Holochain, N.N.. - A distributed and encrypted cloud as a paradigm shift for an independent and secure infrastructure of communication
- 12:20 - 12:30: Impulse - News from the world of community projects
- Lunch Break - Lunch, Network, Discuss, Discover.
- 13:30 - 14:00: Demo - Erik Inkinen, Community Developer - Linux has never been so beautiful. Introduction to the Cutie Shell Community Project using Droidian on the Volla Phone as an example.
- 14:00 - 14:30: Presentation - Luka Panio, Volla Developer - Two worlds coming together. The convergence of cell phone and PC.
- 14:30 - 15:30: Hackathon - presentations and awarding of results.
- Closing - Hallo Welt Systeme, Dr. Jörg Wurzer: Summary and outlook
Participation and travelSince there is only space for a limited number of participants in our rooms, we ask for a registration via our contact form. This way we can optimally prepare the room layout and the catering. Please let us know if you understand German or if you prefer English.
Arrival by carKölner Straße 102, 42897 Remscheid, Germany.
A free parking lot is the P+R station Lennep in Robert Schumacher Straße, about 6 minutes walk to our location.
Arrival by trainThe nearest train station for long-distance traffic is Wuppertal HbF with ICE connection. From there you can take a cab (about 30 Euro).
The nearest regional train station is Remscheid-Lennep. There is a regular train between the long-distance stations Solingen Hbf and Wuppertal Hbf. The walk to the venue is about 10 to 15 minutes.
Arriving by planeThe nearest airports are Düsseldorf and Cologne-Bonn. The latter often offers cheaper regional flights than the international Düsseldorf airport.
From the airport you can also get to us by cab. The cost is about 100 euros.
Overnight staysThere are several hotels in Remscheid Lennep
Your Volla Team